Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

Birth of a Killer - Darren Shan

When terrible events force young Larten Crepsley to flee his home he finds himself alone in the world. Then he meets the mysterious Seba Nile, who introduces him to the ways of the vampire clan. But will Larten turn his back on humanity forever...?

As a fan of 'The Saga of Darren Shan', this was a must read for me.
I really enjoyed it, though I was a little disappointed that I finished the whole book in three hours. I would have liked more detail but as it's primarily for children, I understand why it doesn't. The story moves fast and kept my attention solidly.
It was great when I came across characters like Seba Nile, Vancha March, Mr Tall, and Mr Tiny from the Saga of Darren Shan.

I really liked the fact that you don't need to have read The Saga of Darren Shan to enjoy or understand the book. It's a prequel so it can be read as a stand alone book. I've read that it's a series of 4 books, and book 2 is available now in hardback.

Currently Reading: The Rainbow - D.H.Lawrence & Wintercraft - Jenna Burtenshaw
Books Read in 2011: 30

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...