Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Review // A Witch in Winter - Ruth Warburton

When Anna meets Seth, it's magic. But her hidden powers unleash a spell that sparks a war among witches and enslaves Seth's heart.


A Witch in Winter is Ruth Warburton's debut novel. As the book cover suggests, protagonist Anna and her loveable father move to a little place called Winter and into an old creaky and freaky house. At first, we see Anna struggle to get used to the big move and find a place amongst the school kids. When Anna finally finds her place, it comes at a price. She discovers that she has magical powers and they are not to be messed with. Anna's power must be controlled and there are people in the book who would like to control her powers and use them for themselves.

This book was an impulse buy and I chose it mostly because the cover was pretty - something I don't do very often. I read it in one sitting and actually really enjoyed it! I engaged with the characters and I was definitely left waiting for more. Just inside the cover I discovered that this book is part of a series so I will be keeping an eye out for the next installment. A great debut novel.

Goodreads Challenge 8/50
Chick Lit Challenge 0/5
Debut Author Challenge 1/5
Dystopian Challenge 0/5
Paranormal Fantasy Challenge 2/5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...