Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

Review // Black Dawn (Morganville #12) - Rachel Caine

Published - 1st May 2012
Published By - Allison & Bubsy
Format - Paperback
Goodreads Sypnosis - In Last Breath, the rain brought a new and dire threat to Morganville and its vampires... their ancient enemies, the draug. Now, the vampires are fighting a losing war, and it will fall to the residents of the Glass House: Michael, Eve, Shane and Claire, to take the fight to an enemy who threatens to destroy the town, forever.

 Black Dawn is book 12 in Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series. Despite it already been 12 books long with another 3 releases in the upcoming future, I am still loving Morganville! There seems to be no end of mischief in Morganville and Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve always seem to be right in the middle of the trouble. This time though, they're teaming up with the enemy in order save their homes, and their lives.


Black Dawn fits right into the series but this time it's darker.  A lot darker. After books 10 and 11 I didn't take anything for granted so the worry I felt when the foursome were in trouble was real. What was new for me though, was the worry I felt for characters like Amelie and Oliver. So far in this series i'd felt that the safety of those two were guaranteed, but not any more. 
It was a real page turner for me and I kept reading until 4am to find out what was going on! 


As all Morganville fans want to know - just how crazy was Myrnin this time around?
I love Myrnin as both a character and an aid to Claire's character. Myrnin is his usual self in Black Dawn - just as you feel that he is safe and reliable, he goes and does something to prove he's just a vampire.


One of my favourite moments of Black Dawn was when Myrnin uses a lovely Welsh phrase. Being from Wales, I was very happy to see that and made me love him even more! I'm delighted that there will be more Morganville books in the future and i'll be one of those hoping that the series keeps going until there is a natural end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...