Pages

Monday 26 November 2012

Musing Mondays

Held by Should Be Reading




This week: Have you ever read a book after watching the movie/television version only to find that you don't like the book as much as the adaptation?

Yes! The main one that springs to mind is The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Like 90% of the female population, I absolutely adore the movie so I picked up a cheap copy of the book thinking that I would love it so much more and it was just, disappointing. Another one that springs to mind and is probably the MOST disappointing of all is The Vampire Diaries. I am an avid fan of the tv show and so when I knew they were based on a series of books I HAD to have them! However it's a couple of years down the line and i'm still struggling to finish the books. I've finished the first few series and i'm now working on Stefan's Diaries (which are marginally better) but they're so dull! Completely unrealistic and actually laughable really. A few bad experiences will never stop me heading straight to the written word though - even if it's just for comparison, it's always better to read the books.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...