Pages

Monday 26 November 2012

Review // Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1) - Selzer & Huber

Published - 1st July 2012
Published By - TwoFold Press
Format - Kindle
Goodreads Synopsis - Bethel, the charmed central planet of the galaxy is on the brink of the year’s most anticipated event: the celebrated Twilight Bloom. Quade Decairus has no reason to believe that this year will be any different than those in the past: food and music, friends and the good cheer of those he loves the most. So why has he been plagued with nightmares of the end of his world coming on this very night?
Prophecies masked as legends. Impossible visions, bringing universal destruction. Only one man can seek those chosen to stop the evil and save them all.
In a world rich with magic and technology, a seamless blend of Fantasy and Sci-Fi, Destiny’s Kingdom explores Quade’s journey as he quests to save a galaxy that has always known peace and prosperity from a powerful evil only he can face.


Legend of the Chosen was sent to me by Jennifer Selzer, and as soon as I read the description I knew I wanted to read and review it! I loved how the book started straight away. I've mentioned in previous posts how I dislike being spoonfed the story and the world it's set in but Selzer & Huber got it just right. I feel comfortable in Bethel without having to have the minute details given to me.

The characters were wonderful, my only wish was to have a little but more knowledge about them individually. I feel like I know Quade well enough but it would be great to know more about Trina, Clea etc. This is the first book in the series though so maybe that comes later!

The story itself was gripping, especially towards the end when the action was getting started. I can't even begin to explain how exasperated I felt when I saw the words 'To be continued' because I need to know more! I think i'm right in saying the next book is now available to buy and I will definitely be picking it up in the future. It was a great read and a perfect mix of Sci-Fi and fantasy - two genres that I can never read enough of.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...