Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Review // Forbidden (Demon Trappers #2) - Jana Oliver

Published - 5th August 2011

Published by - Macmillan

Format - Paperback
Goodreads Synopsis - Seventeen-year-old Riley has about had it up to here. After the devastating battle at the Tabernacle, trappers are dead and injured, her boyfriend Simon is gravely injured, and now her beloved late father’s been illegally poached from his grave by a very powerful necromancer. As if that’s not enough, there's Ori, one sizzling hot freelance demon hunter who’s made himself Riley’s unofficial body guard, and Beck, a super over-protective “friend” who acts more like a grouchy granddad. With all the hassles, Riley’s almost ready to leave Atlanta altogether. 
But as Atlanta’s demon count increases, the Vatican finally sends its own Demon Hunters to take care of the city’s “little” problem, and pandemonium breaks loose. Only Riley knows that she might be the center of Hell’s attention: an extremely powerful Grade 5 demon is stalking her, and her luck can't last forever…

Although this is the first review of the year, I actually read it at the end of December and didn't get chance to write a review.

The second book in the Demon Trappers series, Forbidden, is incredible. I read the first book (Forsaken) months ago now and gave it a less-than-it-deserved rating. I enjoyed the first book but I dropped the rating because the book gave false pretences on what it was about. However, this time I went in fully armed and wow. 5 stars, no questions asked.

The book kicked off pretty much where the last one ended and although it had been a while since I read the first, I knew what was happening and what situations were going on just by the storytelling. It wasn't that i'm going to tell you everything all over again kind of thing like you get in some books, it actually fit in. I love the characters so much too! Riley, Beck, Ori, Mort - all for different reasons but they were all fantastic. As this is a 4-book series, questions didn't really get answered and raised a lot more but there was plenty of new adventures and story in there to keep it more than interesting. 

At the end of the book I was literally left speechless. I was not expecting a certain, huge, revelation and the cliffhanger is almost too much to bear. If it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't actually handle the suspense and emotions of Forbidden, I would have picked the next one up straight away. Definitely need a few days to get my head around this one! Keep an eye out for the review of the next book which should be up within the next few weeks (earlier if I can't wait anymore!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...