Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

Caragh's Review // The Promise (Fallen Star #4) - Jessica Sorensen

Published - 24th March 2012
Publisher - Createspace
Format - Kindle
Synopsis - My name is Gemma Lucas and my life’s a mess. Alex is gone, my dad’s trapped in his own mind, and my mom’s working for the dark side. Not to mention Nicholas refuses to quit haunting me. The world has also entered apocalyptic mode. Everyday more vampires, witches, and fey run the streets. Innocent people are dying. The Mark of Malefiscus is showing up everywhere. And I’m the only one who can stop it. The only problem is I have to die in order to do so. And I have to let Alex die. Something I’m not sure I can do.

The final installment of the Fallen Star series! This series has been so much fun to read and i'm honestly sad that it's over. Luckily there's a spin off series now so one day I can return to Gemma & Alex's world :) 

The Promise is completely action packed from the start as Gemma races to save the world from the apocalyptic vision she has seen many times. Can she do it? Just read it and see ;) The ending to the Fallen Star was well thought out and set up throughout the entire series, not just in the final book. It felt honest and that I really did reach the end of a 4-book adventure. Everything was tied up and every little detail was relevant.

I had a feeling whilst I was reading the books that the blood promise that Gemma and Alex made when they were young would have significance but I had no idea that it would end up being so important, so much so that the final book is named after it. I honestly didn't expect the series to finish in the way it did which was great. It's not often that I don't guess the ending recently but Sorensen had me questioning until the end. The Fallen Star series drags you in and doesn't let go and it's been such a long time since i've wanted to just read a series all the way through in a short space of time. I read all 4 books within a month (despite spreading out the reviews) and I can't wait to get my hands on more of her books!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...