Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Review // Forgiven (Demon Trappers #3) - Jana Oliver



Published: March 1st 2012
Publisher:  Macmillan
Format: Paperback
Synopsis:  Riley has made a bargain with Heaven, and now they've come to collect. Lucifer's finest are ruling the streets and it seems that Armageddon might be even closer than Riley imagined. But with her soul and her heart in play it's all she can do to keep herself alive, let alone save the world. Riley's not afraid of kicking some major demon butt, but when it comes to a battle between Heaven and Hell, she might need a little help...
 

 Caragh's review of Forbidden (#2) is here

I guess the first thing to say about Forgiven is that I really enjoyed it in a can’t-put-down kind of way, in fact I'm not sure if I did put it down. Jana Oliver has kept the quality of the Demon Trappers books pretty consistent in my view with well developed, interesting characters which are explored over the series rather than in an info dump (technical term). The plots are always well balanced with action and low points which are tender and sweet. 

It’s a fairly fast paced book with little time where characters aren’t involved in something important - things are heating up in Riley's world! This book lets you get to know some of the characters that we’ve known since the first book a bit better, especially Master Stewart, Master Harper and Mort and also raises a few more questions about Beck, specifically his history before he moved to Atlanta and became a trapper, which leave you wondering about the morality of Beck.

Although I really enjoyed this book I was a little disappointed by the ‘apocalypse’ that Riley is supposed to stop. Personally I think it was over a little too quickly and as the 3 books so far have been leading up to this, I think it leaves a bit of a plot vacuum for the next book. What is the last book going to be about?! However I know that some people I’ve spoken to (Caragh) don’t share my view on this, and although I was disappointed it was by no means bad and if you've already started the series, I would definitely recommend giving it a read and let me know what you thought of the ending.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...