Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Caragh Reviews // Head Over Heels (Geek Girl #5) by Holly Smale

Published - (Expected) 7th April 2016
Publisher - HarperCollins
Format - Kindle
Synopsis - Harriet Manners knows almost every fact there is.
She knows duck-billed platypuses don’t have stomachs.
She knows that fourteen squirrels were once detained as spies.
She knows only one flag in the world features a building.

And for once, Harriet knows exactly how her life should go. She’s got it ALL planned out. So when love is in the air, Harriet is determined to Make Things Happen! If only everyone else would stick to the script…Has GEEK GIRL overstepped the mark, and is following the rules going to break hearts all over again?

Geek Girl! Harriet Manners! Holly Smale! <3
There are few things that get me as excited as the above three things. Since Day 1 I've been spreading the love for this series. It's so delightfully perfect and has the right amount of, well, everything! 

This time around, Harriet has a growing friendship group and I LOVED it. When I first started reading, I was a little bit worried that there wouldn't be enough Toby and that it would be a more widespread read rather than focused on Harriet but I was happily wrong, as always :)  Team JINTH has it's so lovingly referred to only made me love Harriet even more. I'll be the first to admit that whilst Harriet is highly intelligent, she's rather self absorbed. Harriet's rules, Harriet's plans...Harriet Harriet Harriet. But that's also one of the many reasons why I love her. In Head over Heels though, she learns a lot of lessons. She is growing up and taking responsibility for her actions....eventually anyway. 

Another of my absolutely favourite bits of the whole Geek Girl Series is of course the travelling. I'm not a big traveller, for various reasons, but in my heart I am seething with jealousy as I would love the opportunity. Through Harriet I get to experience a little bit of the world. This time it's no different and the scene is just beautiful - we get to see the real Harriet which is always a treat!

One more thing I wanted to comment on before I go, and that's Lion Boy. I really, truly, can't comment on what's going on during this book for fear of being lynched - but I will say that I am in the minority when it comes to this book! I absolutely adore him and always have. I've just got a feeling about one of the newer faces in this book and I can't say I wouldn't be happy.... ;)

Being the 5th book in the series, it's really difficult to find the words to write a lengthy review. I don't want to give anything away! Harriet has become such a big part of our lives, it would be as disastrous as a Modelling Shoot to spoil it. It is such a pleasure and a privilege to watch Harriet grow up and live her life. I'm really not sure what i'm going to do when her story has been told for good. Other than keep re-reading it of course :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...