Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

Wintercraft - Jenna Burtenshaw

When Kate Winters' uncle is taken by the wardens of war-torn Albion, just as her parents were ten years earlier, she is determined to rescue him.
But Kate is being hunted by a far more dangerous enemy. Silas Dane - a killer with a haunted past - has recognised Kate as one of the Skilled who have the rare ability to see through the veil between life and death. He's determined that she'll help end his own personal nightmare; unfortunately, she isn't the only one with plans for her...

As the Night of Souls approaches, a secret hidden deep beneath a graveyard city holds the key to the fate of Kate, those she loves and even Albion itself...the lost book of Wintercraft.


Wintercraft was one of a pile of books that my cousin had told me to read. I picked it up because the cover was pretty, despite the fact I shouldn't judge! I loved the story and immediately felt a connection between myself and the characters in the book. Silas may be the bad guy but I really felt for him and by the end of the book I was desperate to know more! The storyline hooked me straight away. I loved that I was reading a book where the main quest was to find a book! The only bits I didn't really enjoy were the lengthy descriptive sections. They weren't bad but I felt that they slowed the story down quite a bit and I was desperate to get back to Kate's adventure. As a whole, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it. It's the first book in the Wintercraft series and hopefully i'll be able to read the next one soon.

Currently Reading: The Rainbow - D.H.Lawrence & Dating Hamlet
Books Read in 2011: 32

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...