Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

Discussion // Finishing a read

Hey Readers!

Today's discussion comes from a problem that i've always had and i'm definitely having it now!

What to do when a book you're reading just doesn't interest you?

So i'm reading two books right now as highlighted in another post and one of them is just SO DIFFICULT for me to read. I'm not interested in the plot, the characterisation, the story-telling, anything! I can imagine that you're asking why am I still reading it then. The answer is simple: I don't know how to stop.

I have read and finished so many books that just haven't interested me purely because I feel the need to finish what i've started. Usually that's a good thing but in this case, it isn't. So i'm asking for your help!

What do you do when the book you're reading just isn't for you? Do you have any special tips you can give on how you bring yourself to put it down and walk away? Please leave comments and i'll post the best tips - should I get any! Until then, I best go and finish this book or my July TBR will never happen ;)

1 comment:

Strange-buzz said...

I have no problems in putting down a book which does not interest me, mainly because I forget to continue reading it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...