Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I HAD To Have


Wow, Tuesday again already! Time is flying by. So this weeks Top Ten is 'Books you HAD to have but never read' and oh do I have a lot of these...! This week i'm cheating a bit though and only doing 5. Super busy!!

1. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld.
It seems like i've mentioned these books at least once a week for the past month! But seriously, when I saw them I just HAD to have them. I had every intention of running home and devouring them right there and then! But I had another book to finish - which led to another - and then another...vicious cycle! But every week I think about these and so every week they're being bumped up the TBR. NEXT WEEK!

2. The Deed of Paksenarrion - Elizabeth Moon.
This one is actually a reread. I read them about 10 years ago and loved them but somehow along the way I lost one and for the same price as one physical book, I could buy the entire series as a kindle book. It ended up being bought for me as a 'happy kindle present!' present and that was over a year ago. But hopefully some day soon I can relive these stories.

3. The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame.
I feel like i've read this book a million times over. I own two copies of the book, I can hold conversations about this book...and yet i've never actually read it. It's become one of those books now that is too shameful to admit you haven't read it and too intimidating to actually read but this is one my must-read list for 2013 and so soon, it shall be done...

4. Inheritance - Christopher Paolini.
As a huge Eragon fan growing up, when this book came out I bought it, smelled it, caressed it and sighed with satisfaction. And then didn't read it. *Grumble* I have good solid reasons though. It took a LONG time for this book to come out, at which time I didn't feel comfortable diving straight in without refreshing myself on what happened in the first 3. & so here is where the problem began. I remember most of the plot lines in the books and so rereading was challenging when I knew what would happen - but I didn't remember enough to not do it. I have however since finished the first book so only another few years until I get round to it...

5. Game of Thrones - George RR Martin.
Another one that has featured on many lists recently. When Game of Thrones season one first aired, it seemed like every shop I went into had a big shiny display, selling the books at a discounted price. Fantasy & dragons. I could not say no. I should also point out that I bought the books before ever watching a minute of the tv series and yup.. Now i'm a massive fan and still haven't read a single word. Shame.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoyed The Uglies series. It was one of the first dystopian series I read -- it kind of kicked off my obsession with the genre, you could say. I hope you get a chance to read it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Uglies is such a fun read! I hope you get to read it soon! I see you're in the UK...I got to visit London for the first time in November and LOVED it! We want to move there :)

April @ My Shelf Confessions said...

Isn't it crazy how we always kick the can (or books) down the road to read "next week" and they NEVER get read, it's nuts! I hope you find the time to read them - well us both really :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...