Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

No Books Allowed #3

Welcome to No Books Allowed. This is a monthly feature hosted by Raimy @ Readaraptor, which is used to discuss things things in life which aren't connected to books. This post can be used to talk about days out, music, TV, video games, films etc for all those book bloggers out there who do occasionally do stuff other than read and go to book events!

University
I passed my degree! For the past 4 years i've been killing myself trying to get a BA in English Literature and I can now say that I did it and it was all worth it...(well..some of it was). It's a nice feeling to know that as well as coming out of university with a better idea of the person I want to be and the best friends i'll keep forever - I am also a fully fledged Graduate. The actual graduation ceremony is next month but eek I did it!
Life
Last month I talked about how I was quite ill. Well that progressed pretty severely and I spent 5 days in hospital whilst they tried to figure out what was wrong with me! It was a horrible, emotional few days with no real answer to why I was so poorly but i'm now home and being seen as an outpatient which is much better for my sanity ;)
Now that i'm no longer a student i've been trying to sort life out and getting nowhere fast. I'm currently unemployed which means there are a lot of hoops I've got to jump through in order to pay my bills but fingers crossed something works out. Soon.
Days Out
With everything going on it feels like it was SO long ago but I started off the month by going camping with my friends. It was a fantastic weekend with a lot of relaxing, laughing and talking. Hopefully it can become a regular thing. I walked around the lake and we went to the local pub for nachos and beer as well as the tradition BBQs and endless supplies of junk food.

I also went to Chester Zoo with some of my family. Unfortunately, it rained pretty much all day and we got drenched to the bone but it was still a lovely day! I love how excited the little ones get at everything. We walked around for hours seeing all of the animals there and my sister-in-law and I took the little ones on the monorail (it was nice to escape the rain!). Family days are my favourite kind of days :)

TV/Music/Games
Brianna took holidays from work in order to go on the camping trip and with the days she had left, we pretty much just played video games! We set up both xbox's and tv's in the living room and gamed for almost a week straight. I replayed Fable III in order to get some missing achievements but I still haven't managed to make my way through the DLC. I just get so frustrated when I have to spend hours searching for things! I also played some PvZ which is always fun. 

TV this month has been slow as i've been crazy busy but Brianna and I have started watching Star Trek, the original series. We're both big sci-fi fans but somehow Star Trek always alluded us. Thanks to our Lovefilm subscription we can now see what all the fuss is about. True Blood has started up again for it's new season and i'm pleased to say it's crazier than ever! I just can't get enough of that show. I'm doing a re-watch of Gilmore Girls too just because it's easy watching, homely and quick to get through whilst i'm doing so much other stuff. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...