Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Brianna's Top Ten Books I Wish Had A Sequel

Hosted by Broke & The Bookish


This week I take on the task of finding books that I wish had a sequel. Be warned that at some point this turns into Top Books I Wish Had A Prequel.

Not quite top ten as apparently I am incredibly satisfied with what I read. There are some that I would like to see more of just because I really liked the characters/book and I was really sad to see them go, but in reality I don’t think there should be a sequel.

1.  White Wolf by David Gemmell  - White Wolf already has a sequel (The Swords of Night and Day) but there is a significant time gap between them. So I would love there to be a sequel a year or two after the events of White Wolf because I have a lot of questions about what happens to the characters. This will sadly always remain a fantasy as David Gemmell died in 2006.

2.  Fire Study by Maria V Snyder – This is the 3rd book of the Study series (Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study). I would love to see another book for this series as I still think both the world and the characters have more to offer.

3.  Demon Trappers (prequel) by Jana Oliver – Again not quite sure if this counts… The Demon Trappers books leave a lot of questions about the world/time that these books take place in. where did the demons come from, is this our reality or a fictional reality, have the demons always been there and if so why are they now a much bigger problem? I think a lot of these questions could be addressed if there were some kind of prequel for this series maybe set around the time that Atlanta began to become run down.

4.  The Night Angel Trilogy (prequel) by Brent Weeks – I would not like a sequel to this as I think Weeks ended this trilogy in exactly the right place. I do however want a prequel focused on Durzo and his life before the Trilogy.

5.  Discworld (Sam Vimes) by Terry Pratchett – I love reading the discworld novels and my favourite character/story arc is that which centres around Sam Vimes and the city watch so I would like to see more of them.
 
6.  Twilight (Midnight Sun) by Stephanie Meyer – Not quite sure if this is a sequel as it doesn’t occur afterwards but I have been waiting for a sign that Midnight Sun would be continued since I first read the unfinished novel. If this counts then I would be thrilled to continue reading the twilight story from Edwards POV.

7.  Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan – Again a series I really enjoyed and I don’t see why Percy should stop having adventures. Although there may have been a sequel since I read them… so I don’t know if this counts.

8.  Nick & Nora’s Infinite Playlist by Cohn and Levithan – Mainly with this I want to know if Nora jumps the subway barrier, did they see each other again and did they become a couple?

Lastly to make this up to 10: 2 Books I definitely do not want Sequels to.
1.  Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick – I think 4 books in this series was more than enough, I enjoyed reading them but I don’t want another word of this series and let’s face it that word would be ‘Black’.
2.  Harry Potter  by JK Rowling – I suppose I don’t want another Harry book, I would read it if she wrote one but given the option I don’t want one. I am content to wonder what Harry, Ron and Hermione are up to and I don’t think I need clarification.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...