Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Illumicrate Unboxing #1

A few weeks ago I told you guys about a new awesome subscription box just for us book lovers - illumicrate! Well my box arrived and enough time has passed that I really wanted to share it with you. So here's what Illumicrate had to offer in their first box.


So bright & cheerful! It was so lovely even just opening the box. I was immediately filled with excitement at what could possibly be inside. I'll also take this moment to talk about the one SINGULAR thing that I wasn't too keen on - all of the yellow paper. Admittedly, it was so cute and made the box come to life but honestly, I thought it was a bit of a waste. I'm not a huge eco-nut but it did seem like a shame to waste so much paper as it was no good to me. As an avid reader, I think I use up my allotted 'paper allowance' with books! I understand that on the yet to be seen lower level it helped preserve packaging but the layer on the top felt unnecessary to me. Still cute though 


First up was the 'scroll' you can see in the top picture. It turned out to be this gorgeous HP poster that I really liked. Subtle but perfect addition to my home library. I believe it was designed by ImagineAbbie.


The book for this box was Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin which I have yet to read but have heard wonderful things about. It also came with a signed bookplate which was awesome! 

Also pictured is my absolute favourite thing in the box - the hand painted wolf bookmark by Skinny Hues (etsy). It got loads of squeals and star jumps from me! I've since ordered a bunch of them from etsy too! Here's a closer look.


Next up was a super cute little company mirror from Raspberry Finch. The packaging was adorable and the caption on the flips side of the mirror is perfect



Apologies as I can't remember the name of the designer off hand but there was also a Mockingjay necklace with an engraved quote. 



I don't think there's anything in this first box that i didn't love! They were all useful things too which is a big thumbs up for me. Sometimes with sub-boxes you end up with a bunch of cool things that you just don't have any uses for but I've used all of these items so far! If you count the book waiting for me to read on my bedside table anyway ;)


Over all I was very impressed! My only issue now is having to wait until February to get my hands on the next box! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...