Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Caragh Reviews // Match Me If You Can by Michele Gorman

Published - 14th January 2016
Publisher - Avon
Format - Kindle
Synopsis - Meet best friends Catherine, Rachel and Sarah. Yet to find Mr Right, they’ve been settling for Mr Right Now. But when Catherine, London’s finest matchmaker, gets the girls to join her dating site where they can recycle their ex-boyfriends, they soon realise that anything could happen.
Rachel's office romance James was a big fat mistake and she's more than happy to upcycle him… Or is she? Homebody Sarah hasn't had a date in years but when her transformation finds men falling at her newly-pedicured feet, will her popularity be worth the sacrifices she’s making? And Catherine falls asleep more often on her desk than on a man, so when she builds the perfect partner who ticks all her boxes, surely it's a recipe for love . . . not disaster? There’s someone for everyone, right? These best friends are about to find out for themselves . .

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but if not here's a quick...thing.
I'm usually an avid YA/Fantasy reader and very rarely step outside my nice and snug little box. However, this year I'm going to try and read some more 'older' reads and more books set in the 'real world'. I use those annoying ' __ ' because i'm a firm believer that books have no age limit...but I digress now.

Match Me If You Can had such a crazy premise that it wasn't really an option - I HAD to know what on earth would happen if you recycled your ex. Living vicariously through fiction, as always, I had a hell of a time.

It was a pretty quick read and I fit quite a chunk of it into breaks at work and it was actually a lot of fun. There were real issues going on between the covers but it never felt too heavy. The focus switches between the 3 friends with alternating chapters which kept things interesting. I thought it might break up the story too much but it really worked. I really connected with Sarah but as much as I looked forward to the focus being on her, Rachel and Catherine brought their own enjoyments for me. I would have liked more discussion regarding the actual dating website side of things, just because I find it such a hilarious prospect but that would have made the book last forever.

I know it's 2016 and we spend our lives on the internet, but I still find it so strange to come across a book that at it's core is based on technology and the way our lives have changed over the years. It was an enjoyable read and it made a refreshing change from my usual types.

If anyone has any recs for internet based books, please let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...