Pages

Monday 10 October 2016

Hello October // Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide


Confession: I actually read this one first XD


I was a little late to the Pottermore Presents party and actually only knew about it because my HP obsessed mother told me about them! So when I eventually got around to it, I just clicked, bought and started reading in the hope that I wasn't too far behind the rest of the world. It was only when I finished it and added it to Goodreads that i'd realised it was the 3rd book in the series. Luckily, the books don't follow on from each other in any way and actually, this one was very different from the first two so it made no difference whatsoever.

There are literally SO MANY THINGS to explore and learn about in this Hogwarts guide. Ever wondered what the Hufflepuff common room is like, in detail? Always wanted to know just how long it can take some students to be sorted into their houses? (Tip: McGonagall fans will want to know this!) This book has so many wonderful details cleared up and my heart was bursting with joy. It's exactly what I needed to refresh that HP love in time for Halloween.

I loved that it just jumped straight in with facts about not only Platform 9 and 3/4 but why it was so important to JK that it was that specific place! Truly magical.

I hope i've intrigued you in some way and maybe even encouraged you to buy the books yourselves. They were only around an hour or so reading and it was well worth the time and the money if, like me, you not only love HP but love knowing obscure facts about the Wizarding World.

Don't forget, if you want to be featured during October, all submissions are accepted as long as they're received before 30th October.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...