Pages

Friday 7 October 2016

Hello October // A Very Potter October

As you can see by the title, Pottermore and JK released 3 short ebooks relating to the Harry Potter universe. Though these were released in September, i've waited until now to talk about them and review them because, duh, Halloween! I'm sure you will all agree that Harry is life and not just Halloween, but it's just another excuse to cosy up at Hogwarts and feel that connection with the Wizarding World.

You may or may not have read my recent review of Cursed Child recently in which I wasn't very happy about it (with the obvious exception of Scorpius Malfoy) and so the release of these 3 books filled me with happiness. 2016 is slowly becoming the revival year for Potter and i'm loving it. Despite Cursed Child being a disappointment for me, the chatter surrounding it and Hogwarts has put a spring in my step.

The ebooks have received a lot of misplaced attention from fans who aren't impressed that they've had to pay £1.99 for something they basically could have read for free directly on the Pottermore website. That makes me really sad. JK is not doing this for the money, guys. She really doesn't need it.Sure, the material IS available for free on Pottermore, but I just don't have the time or inclination to load up Pottermore and try to find the specific content that I want, especially when there's no wifi available and i'm saving all of my data for Pokemon Go *cough*. I wanted this format and so i've paid for it. It's entirely a choice that we are privileged enough to make.

So just incase you HAVEN'T already got them and you, like me ,need them in a much more transportable way, here you go!

Buy the books from Pottermore: UK Shop

 The titles are as follows:

Short Stories from Hogwarts: Of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies
Short Stories from Hogwarts: Of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists
Short Stories from Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide

I honestly have had SO much fun reading these and if you want to know what I think, then keep an eye out over the next 3 days...!

Please get in touch if you'd like to be featured during the month. Any submissions are accepted as long as they are received by 30th October

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...