Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Really Liked but Can’t Remember Anything/Much About

 
This week's topic is 'Books I Really Liked but Can't Remember Much About'. Admittedly, I had to scroll through Goodreads before even contemplating what kind of thing might be on this list and honestly, it kinda turned into a different list: Series' I Loved But Can't Remember Enough To Finish Them and Need To Re-read Them All Again.


1. Eragon by Christopher Paolini - I devoured these books when I was younger and as with anyone else who read them back then, I endured years and years of waiting. By the time the next book in the series was released, it had been several years of waiting and the majority of the plot had vanished into the depths of my mind. To this day I haven't finished them because i'm concerned that the re-reading of them will take away some of the magic. Plus they're huge books! It's a committment.

2. Wintercraft by Jenna Burtenshaw - I was introduced to Wintercraft by my cousin. I read the first 2 books and LOVED them ferociously. Then I was off in uni and adult life was kicking in. I literally can't remember a thing about them anymore and didn't get to finish the series!

3. Demon Trappers by Jana Oliver - Oh this series <3 I loved every second of reading them. I still remember that feeling of the latest book turning up on the doorstep. I just wish I could remember the ins and outs of them! I've got a basic idea of the overall story but it makes me sad that I can't remember much of them now.

4. Shades of London by Maureen Johnson - I read the first 2 books of this series in pretty quick succession after discovering her on YouTube shortly before the first one was released. I can't remember anything about them now but I do know that I didn't get round to reading the last one yet and so a whole re-read is in order.

5. Red Letter Days by Rachel Caine - I was sent a copy of the first book by Harlequin 4/5 years ago and read it in 1 sitting. Since then I acquired both books in the series and forever had the intention to read the second and add to my Rachel Caine collection. Sadly I never did and now I remember next to nothing about the entire thing.

6. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - I got these books around the same time as I was reading Hunger Games for the first time. It took me AGES to get through the first 3 books even though I was enjoying them because I was away at university. However, by the time things settled down, i'd forgotten almost everything other than the basics and so, surprise surprise, I didn't finish the series. I'm still determined to though.

7. Inside Out by Maria V Snyder - This book has been in my head for SO long and the worst of it is that I literally can't remember what it was about bar crawling around in some pipes etc. I remember being really excited reading it as it felt so different - so I have no idea how I didn't get around to reading the next book.

8. Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton - 1 word - Sebastian. I can't really elaborate because other than the name Sebastian I can't remember a damn thing about it. These books need to move up my TBR immediately.

9. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - These are a little awks because I remember the films so clearly. I can't remember the books at all though, which again is probably why I didn't get around to finishing the whole series. I'm excited for the next movie coming out though!

10. Talon by Julie Kagawa - UGH I stinking loved the first 2 books in this series. I even have the next one! But by the time I even remembered it was a thing, they'd run out of my head again. A re-read is definitely in order for these.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...